Saturday 22 April 2017

How I did it: Militarum Tempestus Scion

  - I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?
- Full Metal Jacket

   I know that it's been almost one month since the last post of the Chamber (and this surely is our longest blank time so far), but hey! Here we are, rocking and modeling as usual! I've painted a lot of things in this month and Francesco hasn't been idle either, completing for now his massively personal Bloodbound reading; I'm sure we will see soon enough the last chapter of his blood adventure.
   Talking about me, I can say that I've finished painting my Stormcast Vanguard Chamber from my mighty Guardians of the Ages stormhost and very soon I'll start too a series of post depicting them, the "Epoch Hounds": with tutorials, fluff and showcases.

   For now I'd like to share with you an easy tutorial about Militarum Tempestus; a friend of mine, from the new club where I'm playing atm, challenged me in a 40k Maelstrom Match vs his Necrons... so I decided to dust off one of my armies and get over my donkey waiting for a new edition of my (once) favoured boardgame. Funnily, to complete that army and play full painted (as this boy is a painting machine as well as me) I miss just one model, a Tempestor. 
   So I painted him in 2 hours the night before the game in the same way I had painted all the rest of the army, nearly 3 years ago. 

   First of all have a look at this model:


...for he was painted in the same scheme as the new one. I tried to remain stick to scheme, technniques and stuff.

Primer in black.


Then paint all the armor trim in Balthasar Gold (dark gold).


Paint the rest of the armor with Mephiston Red, a solid red colour, not too dark nor too bright.


Continue to coat using Dryad Bark, or a dark brown color, this way:


... then Zandri Dust.



And Ushabti Bone to make straps different on his sleeping bag.


Let's start basecoating all the metals with Leadbelcher.



Wash ALL OVER with Reikland Flesh Shade, light brown wash.


Reprise the carapace's red, with the same you used for coating: but paint avoiding recesses.




Then highlight metals with Runefang Steel.



Reprise the sleeping bag with Zandri.


Highlight blacks with Dawnstone and edge highlight them with Administratum Grey.



Evil Sunz Scarlet for the red's edge highlighting.



Highlight Golds with Gehenna Gold.


Paint with Caliban Green his forearm pad.


Put a little angle of Warpstone Glow in the corner.


Paint eyes and lights with Caledor Sky and then Lothern Blue.


Highlight them with White Scar. Then highlight light leathers with Ushabti Bone.


Put a dot of Moot Green in the intersection of the green corner on the pad, and another in the opposite. Then repeat the sequence with smaller dots, this time using White Scar.


Finish applying 'Ardcoat on pads and eyes.


Drybrush the base with Zandri Dust.


Then Ushabti Bone.


Circle the base with Steel Legion Drab.


Ready to fight!





Whole unit:


Command unit: 


Thanks a lot for reading and for the patience! We are going to have a great May, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment