Saturday 6 May 2017

Showcase Me!: Stormcast Eternals Vanguard Palladors

- From the Darknest night shall rise the Raven, shall take flight in the shadows, shall reveal the nature of its kind.
Prepare yourself for its coming, for the faithful shall be elevated to take flight with the Raven, the rest be forgotten to walk upon the ground, clipped wings and shame.
- Prophecy of the Raven God, World of Warcraft

   Ok... they are not Anzu's copies but you have to admit they're quite similar. To be honest, the very first time I got to see their pictures I suffered a throwback to the days I was playing WoW. So I took some inspiration from those times and made my Palladors blue-ish, which perfectly fits to my Stormcast main scheme and, in the result, are very similar to my first attempt on the first Gryph-hound I painted.


   I am not sure about their Temple's name and history but I have already a full storyline for their chamber, Auxiliary Vanguard "Epoch Hounds". You can always check this page if you are interested in some background hints about my whole stotmhost, Guardians of the Ages, and here for a dedicated Vanguard Chamber's background.
   Let's waste no more time and get straight to the paintjob!

  This time I have taken pictures for them (and for Lord Aquilor, soon shall be posted as well) with two different background colors, the first (full set, with the single models shots), in black and the second one, just the squad, in white. 
   I was just very curious about the difference and, hey, it is!
   Personally I love both ways but I think the black ones are more evocative, while the white ones are more precise. I really would like to have some feedback from you about them.

FIRST SET, BLACK BACKGROUND:






SECOND, WHITE BACKGROUND:



   That's all for now... expect a full line of posts about them, with more showcases, tutorials and backgrounds!

   Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment